Saturday, September 30, 2006

My Inaugural Post Part 2

Okay, I am starting to figure this out now.

Anyway, since I spend so much of what little free time that I have to posting comments on other people's blogs, I finally decided that I should take a crack at setting up my own blog.

My topics will be my observations about life in general, as well as from the perspective of a parent of two small children. I am an atheist, so some of my topics will focus on religion and its influence both positive and negative.

One thing that this blog of mine will not be is an attack site to smear other people because I disagree with them about various issues that are important to me. We must all remember that we are more than the sum of our political opinions and beliefs.

Hopefully soon I will post a topic that will be worthwhile for other people to visit this blog and post their own comments.

1 comment:

Stardust said...

One thing that this blog of mine will not be is an attack site to smear other people because I disagree with them about various issues that are important to me. We must all remember that we are more than the sum of our political opinions and beliefs.

Tommy - when I started my Stardust blog I decided I was going to be fair and respectful and not get sucked into the flame wars, and I have managed to keep my blog fairly free of insults and senseless circular arguments just by maintaining a civilized "tone". There are those who do not care about that and will come along and accuse you of "attacking" them no matter how rationally and respectfully express that opinion. I have found that xians will seek you out, to convert you while not actually reading and understanding your point of view that you express in your posts. I have found that my posts have gotten to be more "radical" and outspoken and blunt as the months went by. It's really easy to lose patience with persistent "evangelists" and trolls. At GifS we "asshat" people for breaking the comment policy. However, on my personal blog I find that my delete button works great (though I don't like using it, it is necessary on occasion.)