Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Maybe Jack and the Beanstalk Was Real

Feed me, Seymour!

This year, my wife planted some sunflower plants in front of our living room window. She said she gave them some vitamins, which must account for their tremendous size. The tallest one of them all, which stands directly behind my children in this photo, must be at least twelve feet in height, and it hasn't even bloomed yet!

But sadly, I am not even close to the world's record for the tallest sunflower. I did some checking on the Internet, and apparently some guy in the Netherlands got one to grow to over 25 feet! Then again, we'll see how much more this one has yet to grow.

3 comments:

tina FCD said...

First of all, that's a darling photo. Secondly, what the heck did she feed them?? I can't grow sunflowers for nothing! Well, the freakin' squirrels or woodchucks eat the plant tip off as soon as it gets to be about two inches tall, little buggers!

Tommykey said...

Hi Tina,

Maybe I will have my wife pay you a visit next spring!

:-)

tina FCD said...

umm...Don't think she would like my neighborhood! :)