Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Hurricane Sandy - Like Living In The 1930's, But With Cell Phones

Sorry to say, but I haven't been able to post anything new here because it is now 9 days that I have not had electricity in my house.  The only way I can get Internet access is when I go to work, which is where I am typing this from right now.

Fortunately, stores near my house have power, so it is easy to shop or go out to eat.  While I can't watch tv, I do have a portable radio where I listen to the news.  So, in that regard, it feels like living in the 1930's.

Hopefully by the end of the week electricity will be restored and I can post about living in a post-Hurricane Sandy Long Island.  My heart goes out to the people who have lost their homes and their loved ones.   While I can lament the electricity and gasoline situation here, it is just a trifling inconvenience next to the terrible losses many other people have suffered.  Until next time.

No comments: