Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Philippine Tarsier

I was going over some of the pictures I took from my first visit with my wife and kids to visit her family in the Philippines back in the summer of 2004. I may end up starting a second blog dedicated exclusively to my wife's home island of Bohol. But for now I thought I would belatedly share some pictures from the 2004 trip.

The cute, cuddly looking creature below is the Philippine Tarsier. The tarsier is the world's smallest primate, and as you can see, it has enormous eyes, which it employs in hunting for its food at night. These pictures were taken at the Tarsier sanctuary in Corella, which is north of Bohol's capital, Tagbilaran City.








2 comments:

tina FCD said...

Those are so cute!

Stardust said...

A picture of this creature was on one of my childhood encyclopedias and thought it was so cute but strange at the same time with those bug-eyes and suction cup fingertips.