Friday, October 05, 2007

New Age Medley

For this weekend, I present to you a collection of music that would generally be labeled as "New Age".

Adiemus: "Adiemus". I fell in love with this song ever since I first heard it in a Delta Airlines commercial many year ago.



Enigma: "20,000 Miles Over The Sea".



Vangelis: "Antarctica". This is from a soundtrack that Vangelis composed for an obscure (at least for Americans) Japanese film of the same name from the early 1980's about a pack of sled dogs trying to survive in the icy wastes of Antarctica after they get left behind by a Japanese scientific expedition.



Amethystium: "Shadowlands". I recently discovered Amethystium, a musical project by a Norwegian composer, when one of its compositions, "Ascension", was played on my Yahoo Launchcast station. I liked it so much that I gave it 4 stars, guaranteeing that it would get frequent air time. Youtube did not have a video for "Ascension", but this selection is also good.



Another favorite of mine is Hiroshima's "One Wish". Unfortunately, the embedding was disabled, so I can only link to it.

1 comment:

Stardust said...

They're all good, but loved the second one.