Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Michelle Goldberg Book Signing in Brooklyn - May 30

Michelle Goldberg, author of the book "Kingdom Coming," will be at the Barnes & Noble in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn on Wednesday, May 30, at 7:30 p.m., to read from sections of her book and to sign copies afterwards.

Michelle's book is an invaluable look at the Christian Right in this country. If you have not read it yet, I urge you to do so. And, if you are an atheist or secularist who lives in the New York City area and have some free time, come on down. I was fortunate enough to be able to secure a babysitter for my kids so that I can make this event. If you plan on being there and would like to say "hi," just look for a tall, skinny guy with brown hair, blue eyes and a Philippines t-shirt. However, be prepared to be drafted to take a picture of me with Ms. Goldberg.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm jealous! That book is on my wishlist....can't wait to read it.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

Tommykey said...

Thanks.

Between getting her autograph and Ayaan Hirsi Ali, I'll have a good foundation for a "Babes of Secularism" collection. ;-)

The Super Sweet Atheist said...

Sounds like a great read. I'll put it on my wishlist as well. Looking forward to that pic....

Summer

Toni said...

It is on my "to read" list as well. I hope you get the pic!