Friday, August 24, 2007

It's All in the Timing

Remember last week when I called on any of my Muslim readers to pray that Allah causes my plane to crash? Well, as you all know, my plane made it safely back to New York, though the ride was on the bumpy side and we had to remain in our seats for most of the flight.

Fortunately for my family and I, the wedding was held last week instead of this week, as the greater Chicago area has been inundated with rain this week, causing rivers to flood and homes to lose power. I feel bad for the people out there who are going through this now and hope that things take a turn for the better soon.

4 comments:

bedrocktruth said...

"Remember last week when I called on any of my Muslim readers to pray that Allah causes my plane to crash? Well, as you all know, my plane made it safely back to New York"

I wouldn't get too cocky Tommy. You probably don't HAVE any Muslim readers.

Or maybe you knew that going in..:+)

Tommykey said...

Oh yes I do Bedrock. According to my sitemeter, I have had numerous visits from readers in Malaysia, plus I have had some from Iran, the UAE, Turkey, Pakistan, and several other Muslim countries.

tina FCD said...

Glad you made it back ok.

Stardust said...

I have many muslim readers at my blog, too. They lurk as much as any xians do.

I was away with my husband out east, helping our daughter move and missed the storms and torrential rains. My son was here housesitting and we did lose power and some of my plants got blown around, but no damage to our house. But tree branches are still everywhere and the village is still cleaning up. What a mess! We drove through big storms through Maryland on the way home on Sunday night. People lose their brains when it rains hard. There is no reason to drive 10 mph on an expressway when one can still see the white lines. The drivers were scarier than the storms!